Gateway NV5378U Notebook PC - HDMI Audio Delay
I just got a Gateway NV5378U Notebook PC to use with my big screen TV. It has HDMI output for my LCD TV.
I am experiencing an audio delay when I played the movie with the hdmi cable. I used powerDvd that was installed on the laptop. After a while, the sound was delayed, meaning I would see someone talking on the screen and 1 or 2 seconds later, I would hear the sound. Do you have any tips on what maybe causing this? It wasn't a problem before when I was running from my desktop with the vga and normal sound out plug.
HDMI technology and its integration on computers is still in its infancy. It might be better to channel through the analog output and only use HDMI for video. I had to use the analog audio output on my other computer, rather than HDMI, because there is no way to channel HDMI audio to my amplifier without upgrading to optical input on the amplifier.
For your problem, there are too much unknowns. Answer these questions first and you may find a solution:
1. Does it only delay with DVD? Does it delay with YouTube or a movie on your hard drive? HDMI vs. analog?
You could do some testing with this King Kong movie on YouTube:
2. What's the processor load when you are playing DVD? YouTube? movie on hard drive? HDMI vs. analog?
3. Do you experience this same problem with the VGA out?
4. Does it use RealTek software to configure sounds card vs. HDMI output? Did you try change settings there? On my Acer eee Top, I was only able to get HDMI to work using the bundled software, not through Windows operating system.
5. Are all drivers up-to-date? Make sure the video and audio drivers are all up-to-date. If that doesn't work. Sometime rolling the driver back works. (One of my computer's older audio driver worked, but not the newest driver. Windows insists on updating to the newest. I had to disable it somehow.)
6. Use a different software. I don't use any commercial software on my entertainment center. I use the free VideoLAN to watch all my medias. Try it and see if it works or not.
7. Disable all background processes (whatever is reasonable) and any bundled software that came along with the computer. Disable things that suck up CPU, etc.
Did your message disappear? Read the Forums FAQ.
Spam Control | * indicates required field
TrackBack only accepted from WebSite-X Suite web sites. Do not submit TrackBacks from other sites.
No TrackBacks yet. TrackBack can be used to link this thread to your weblog, or link your weblog to this thread. In addition, TrackBack can be used as a form of remote commenting. Rather than posting the comment directly on this thread, you can posts it on your own weblog. Then have your weblog sends a TrackBack ping to the TrackBack URL, so that your post would show up here.
Messages, files, and images copyright by respective owners.
65 Users Online
Copyright © 2004 - 2019. All Rights Reserved.